Lieutenant Colonel John Tinsley Russell
11 November 1904–6 September 1942
- 19 Battalion and Armoured Regiment
- 21 Battalion
- 22 Battalion
- 23 Battalion
- 27 (Machine Gun) Battalion
- 2nd New Zealand Divisional Artillery
- Alam Halfa and Alamein
- Battle for Egypt
- Divisional Cavalry
- Infantry Brigadier
- In Peace & War: A Civilian Soldier's Story
- New Zealand Engineers, Middle East
- Petrol Company
- Supply Company
- The Relief of Tobruk
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Lieutenant Colonel John Tinsley Russell as: "Lieutenant Colonel John Tinsley Russell". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Lieutenant Colonel John Tinsley Russell":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.