The following passengers arrived by the “Earl Stanhope” in 1841:—Mrs. Bell, Messrs. Bligh, Cook, F. Dunsford, Grenier and family, Harvey, Stone and family, R. G. Talbot, and the Rev. J. C. Gryllis.
The ship “Balley” (Capt. Sinclair), after a passage of 107 days, arrived at the Port on the 10th April, 1841. She brought from London some correspondence between the Government and the New Zealand Company; also the Constitutional Charter of New Zealand, and instructions for Governor Hobson.