Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Otorako Block, Mangamuka, Hokianga District

1831. 4 April. Hokianga District. Otorako Block, Mangamuka, Hokianga District.

Otorako.Thomas Birch. [25 acres.]Be it known to all men by these presents that I Warrey a Native of New Zealand has sold unto Thomas Birch in the River Munamuker New Zealand and to his Heirs and Successors for ever all our right titles and interest in all that land commencing from the Rock and ending at the Rock in or about the centre of the Bay and as far back as one Half Mile for the consideration hereafter specified. And in order to prevent any disputes or misunderstanding hereafter be it further known that I Warrey as aforesaid for myself my heirs and successors do hereby sell let and make over to Thomas Birch as aforesaid the said land and timber that is to say from the Rock and ending aforesaid Receipt. and me the foresaid Warrey acknowledges to have received from Thos. Birch 3 Muskets 50 lbs. Powder 2 Bayonets 1 Blanket as a full and just payment for the land and tennerments &c. &c. &c. To be held by Thos. Birch his heirs and successors for ever without let or hindrance from me the aforesaid Warrey my heirs and successors for ever and in Witness whereof I Warrey as aforesaid do hereby set my hand and seal on the day of April 1831.

Ware his mark x.
Tariwawa " x.

Witnesses—

J. W. Wright.
Robt. Hunt.