Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 296.) — Transfer from William Nicholas to Edward Chadwick

(Enclosure in No. 296.)
Transfer from William Nicholas to Edward Chadwick.

1840. 15 March.Hokianga District.Know all men by these presents that I William Nicholas, Sawyer of the River Wimai do hereby make over and sell to Edward Chadwick, Sawyer of the River Hokianga, his heirs Rangiwakataka.Transfer to Edward Chadwick.Receipt for £30. and assigns for ever one half of the land and timber contained in these deeds, for the sum of Thirty Pounds Sterling which I hereby acknowledge this day to have received. It is agreed and understood that Edward Chadwick takes the one half nearest to the Wimai Settlement and that the said William Nicholas will divide and mark out the boundaries whenever called upon by the aforesaid Edward Chadwick. In Witness whereof I hereby affix my hand and seal this fifteenth day of March one Thousand Eight Hundred and Forty. The x mark of—

William Nicholas. L.S.

Witness—
W. Trusted.
Wm. Popplewell.
James Phillips Lloyd.

No. 58.O.L.C. A True Copy of Original Deed and Transfer.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 8th October, 1878.