Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure 3 in No. 257.) — Part Transfer from Nathaniel Turner to Matthew Marriner

(Enclosure 3 in No. 257.)
Part Transfer from Nathaniel Turner to Matthew Marriner.

Hokianga, New Zealand, 22nd day of Decr., 1840.
1840. 22 December.Pt. Kohukohu.Transfer to Matthew Marriner.Know all men that I, the undersigned, have this day sold unto Matthew Marriner that Property known by the name of the Kohukohu, on the River Hokianga, New Zealand, for the sum of One Hundred and Fifty Pounds Sterling, which payment or amount I hereby acknowledge to have received in full as follow viz., One Hundred Pounds Sterling (£100 stlg.) and Fifty Pounds by a promissory note at 30 days after the above date. It is further to be understood that all rents due from that Estate up to the present from parties now residing thereon are to be for the benefit of the said Matthew Marriner.

Signed For the Revd. N. Turner, as pr. Power of Attorney,
John Hobbs.

Witnesses to the signature—

Signed John Warren.
Gideon Smales.

Endorsement. The above Note of hand I hereby acknowledge to have been paid in full this 27th day of January 1841.

(Signed) John Hobbs.

Witnesses to the signature—
Signed John Warren.
Willm. Woon.

True Copy.

M. Richmond.

No. 404.O.L.C. A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Original Deed and Transfers.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 5th January, 1880.