Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure 2 in No. 101.) — Transfer from John Ritchie to James Harvey

(Enclosure 2 in No. 101.)
Transfer from John Ritchie to James Harvey.

Know all men by these Presents that I John Ritchie for and in consideration of the sum 1835. 27 March.Transfer to James Harvey.hereinafter mentioned do hereby transfer and convey over to James Harvey all my right title and interest in the land described in the prefixed Deed of sale to Robert Cunningham, which land was purchased from him by me, and also the house erected on the same. The same to be enjoyed by the said James Harvey his heirs executors administrators and assigns in consideration of the payment of the sum of One Hundred Pounds Receipt for £100.British Sterling money which I hereby acknowledge to have received this Twenty-seventh day of March in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and thirty-five.

Signed John Ritchie.

Witness—
G. Greening.
R. O’Conner.
Robert Cunningham.

I hereby transfer my claim and title to the within mentioned House and land forEndorsement. the sum of Fifty Pounds Sterling which I hereby acknowledge I have received.Receipt for £50.

Signed Saml. Stephenson.

Witness—
Thos. Bateman.

A. True Copy.

M. Richmond.
Edward L. Godfrey.

A True Transcript of Certified Copies of Original Deed and Transfers.No. 66d.O.L.C.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 22st October, 1878.