Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Endorsement

Endorsement.

Waikati May the 6th 1841 one.
This is to certify that I have received this day from Edmund Powell and John McLeod 1841. 6 May.Extra payment. the following articles viz. 1 Cloth Cloak value three Pounds, 1 Musket value one Pound ten shillings, 2 prs Trowsers one Pound ten shillings, 1 Hoe and 1 Ax value ten shillings making in all a sum of six pounds ten shillings for a claim which I preferred on the Lands purchased by the aforesaid Edmunt Powell and John McLeod from Yakey Denny Kotuky and Kockaway being a Hill and Mangrove Swamp situated on the banks of Manawar Creek.

I acknowledge to be fully satisfied with the before mentioned articles for any claim which I had or might have to the aforesaid lands both for myself and my Heirs Executors Admintrs. and assigns for ever.

In presence of—
Toriky his x mark.

Witness—George Cook.

True Copy.

Henry Tacy Kemp.

A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Original Deed and Endorsement. Nos. 337a and b.O.L.C.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 29th July, 1879.