Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Additional Deeds. — No. I

page 192

Additional Deeds.
No. I.

1838. 13. October.Tokokapura.John Evans.Boundaries.Know all men by these presents that I John Evans on the one part and two Native Chiefs known by the names of Heyrucker and Heyhpokey residing at Kororadica on the other part Whereby the said chiefs did Bargain and Sell to the said John Evans a piece or parcel of land situated near Kororadica Beach to his heirs assigns or administrators for ever to hold lawful and peaceable possession he also to be at liberty to dispose of the same as he should think proper the said chiefs having given up all claims to the said Land for the consideration of £12 . 0 . 0 Pounds of British Sterling Money Wherein we said Chiefs do affix our hands and seals this 13th day of October in the year of our Lord 1838. Measurement of the above mentioned land as follows, Frontage 118 yards Depth 95 yards Back 77 yards. Known by the name of Tokakapau.

Heyhooki his mack x.
Heyrucker his mark x.

Witnesses—

Ruki Native.
John Johnson.
Benj. Turner.

Receipt. Received as payment for the said land the sum of Twelve Pounds Sterling.

Heyrucker his mark x.
Heyhooker his mark x.

Witnesses—

Ruki. Native.
John Johnson.
Benj. Turner.