Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 400.) — Transfer of ne-half to Peter Abercrombie

page 364

(Enclosure in No. 400.)
Transfer of ne-half to Peter Abercrombie.

Coromandel Harbour, 9 Novr. 1839.

1839. 9 November.Transfer of half the block to Peter Abercrombie. I William Webster having received from Peter Abercrombie the sum of Five Hundred Pounds Sterling do hereby transfer to him all my claim to the following pieces of land situated on the banks of the Piako, (namely) All that piece of land commencing at the Creek Awea and extending in a Southerly direction along the banks of the Piako three and a half miles, with all the back land attached thereto. And all that piece of land commencing at the distance of ten miles (in a Southerly direction along the banks of the river) from the above described piece of land, and from thence extending six and a half miles along the banks of the said river in a Southerly direction and all the back land attached thereto, Being one half of my claim No. 305k. As witness my hand the day of the date above written.

Henry Downing.

Wm. Webster.

A true copy. Delivered into Court this 5th day of July, 1843.

M. Richmond.

No. 305k.O.L.C. A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Original Deed, Transfer, and Commissioners' Report. H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 5th June, 1879.