Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 79 — Mr. Commissioner Parris to the Chief Commissioner

page 41

No. 79
Mr. Commissioner Parris to the Chief Commissioner.

Respecting Purchase of Te Kawau Pa. New Plymouth, 3rd November, 1862.

Sir,—

With reference to the Kawau, Native reserve in the Town of New Plymouth, I have now the honour to report, for the information of the Government, that the land has been conveyed to Her Majesty, the houses have been conveyed to the General Government, and the rent, &c, duly paid in accordance with my instructions from the Hon. the Native Minister, conveyed to me by letter from the Under-Secretary, dated the 12th September last. The only question not settled is that in reference to a piece of land for them at the Henui (his Honour the Superintendent not having been written to on the subject), as recommended by me in my letter of the 16th April last, and approved by the Government, as reported to me by the Acting Native Secretary by letter dated the 8th May last.

I have now the honour to request to be informed whether the Government wish to have the deed of conveyance for the land registered in this, the province to which it appertains.

His Honour the Superintendent has requested me to state that he shall be glad to have the land and houses handed over to him at the earliest convenience, to enable him to complete certain works which have been commenced there.

I have, &c.,

Robert Parris,
District Commissioner.

The Chief Land Purchase Commissioner, Auckland.