Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

Mr. Surveyor Frissell to Mr. James Mackay

Mr. Surveyor Frissell to Mr. James Mackay.

Waitetuna, 7th December,-1865.

Sir,—

I beg to inform you that, by direction of Mr. Todd, District Surveyor, I measured the distance from the Parawai Creek on the Waitetuna (the one from which the northern boundary-line of the Karamu Block was run by Mr. Breen) to the Maunurima Creek, which latter is the creek mentioned in the deed thus: "Ka timata hei te hau raro i te awa a Maunurima e rere ana ki roto ki Waitetuna, a haere whakamarangai i reira tae noa ki Nga-tokorua-a-te-ra-Whatiora i te taha o Waipa, &c.; and find the distance to be, 1,507 links, and the included angle to 77° 33′, as per the accompanying, sketch. The field-books and plans having gone into the Survey Office, I know not the length of the northern boundary-line so as to calculate the area, but assuming it at eight miles gives an area of 471 acres, which, paid for at the same rate, as the rest of the block, would amount to about £4 1s.

I have, &c.,

E. Frissell,
Government Surveyor.

James Mackay, Esq., Civil Commissioner, Raglan.