Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 60. — Mr. Commissioner Searancke to Dr. Shortland, Native Secretary

No. 60.
Mr. Commissioner Searancke to Dr. Shortland, Native Secretary.

Whangarei.—Respecting Purchase of Whanui and Taiharuru Blocks.Whangarei, 2nd May, 1864.

Sir,—

I have the honor to request that you will be good enough to submit for the consideration of the Hon. the Colonial Secretary, in the event of his approval of my proposed purchase of the Whanui and Taiharuru Blocks of land:

That the money should be sent to the care of H. Aubrey, Esq., R.M., Whangarei Heads, as I am now proceeding to make the necessary subdivision in the land, to regulate the payment to the different claimants, as I am anxious not to keep the Natives idling about waiting for their money longer than is necessary.

Also, if Mr. Surveyor Sinclair, who surveyed the Whanui and Taiharuru Blocks, is still in Auckland, that he be instructed with as little delay as is possible to furnish me with blank form of deed, with reduced plan of those blocks and the lands reserved by the Natives; also a memorandum of the boundaries.

I have, &c.,

William N. Searancke,
District Commissioner.

E. Shortland, Esq.,
Native Secretary, Auckland.