Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 43. — Mr. Surveyor A. Sinclair to the Chief Commissioner

No. 43.
Mr. Surveyor A. Sinclair to the Chief Commissioner.

WhangareiTransmitting plans of Land Purchases. Land Office, Auckland, 17th August, 1857

Sir,—

I have the honor to transmit herewith Plans, on the scale of ten chains to the inch, of 1ands which have lately been acquired from the Natives in the District of Whangarei. The block called Kaurihohore is situated at the head of the Whangarei river, and comprises:—

Kaurihohore, 4,826 acres.

Paranui, containing 106 acres
Otuhau " 340 "
Takapaiaranui " 540 "
Kaurihohore " 3,840 "
Total 4,826 acres

Parahaki, 4,630 acres.

The Parihaki Block is situated on the North branch of the Whangarei river, between the Awaroa and Mair's claim. Contents, 4,630 acres.

Whareora, 4,920 acres.

The Whareora Block adjoins the Parahaki block, and is situated between the Whangarei and Ngunguru rivers, and contains 4,920 acres.

I have plotted a separate portion of the plan of the Kaurihohore Block, called Paranui, which, I understand, is to be re purchased by the Natives, on a scale of four chains to the inch.

A block of land reserved by the Natives, containing 458 acres, has been carefully defined, and is shown on the plan of the Parahaki Block.

Enclosed are descriptions of the above-mentioned blocks.

I have, &c.,

Andrew Sinclair,
District Surveyor.

The Chief Commissioner,
Native Land Department, Auckland.