Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 17. — The Chief Commissionee to Mr. Commissioner Johnson

No. 17.
The Chief Commissionee to Mr. Commissioner Johnson.

Authorizing Purchase of Blocks on North and South Sides of Whangarei Harbour.Land Purchase Department, Auckland, 18th May, 1855.

Sir,—

I have the honor to acquaint you that His Excellency the Officer Administering the Government has been pleased to approve of the purchases recommended by you to be made on the North and South-West sides of the Whangarei Harbour; and that the sum of Nine hundred pounds sterling, being the total amount required in your reports, has been placed under the charge of a police constable, to be transmitted by the steamer "Wongawonga," and to be delivered into your hands immediately upon her arrival at Whangarei.

You will have the goodness to advise me of its receipt as soon as possible, taking care that receipts are exchanged when delivered to you. In addition I have to express my entire concurrence in the measures you have adopted for securing blocks of land of the extent and position' described in your letters of the 26th March and 12th April, 1855.

I have, &c.,

Donald McLean.

Mr. District Commissioner Johnson,
Whangarei.