Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deed Receipts—No. 34.]

Deed Receipts—No. 34.

Ruataniwha North Block (Arapata's Claims), Province of Hawke's Bay.

Kua riro mai ki a matou na te Makarini i tenei ra i te 15 o nga ra o Akuhata 1859, nga1859. 15 August.Hawke's Bay. pauna moni E rua tekau takitahi £20 hei utu mo a matou wahi katoa kua pau nei teRuataniwha North. utu i roto i nga rohe e mau nei ara ki Totaratutahi rere noa i Waipaoa puta noa ki Ruahine haere noa ki Pohatuhaha haere tonu mai i runga i te rohe kua riro puta noa maiReceipt for £20. ki Matakite rere tonu mai Mangaonutu puta noa mai ki te rohe tawito tutaki no atu ki Totaratutahi.

A heoi kua hokona kua tino tukua enei wahi katoa e pa ai matou ki aua whenua i tenei ra e witi nei ki a Wikitoria a te Kuini o Ingarini ake tonu atu.

Arapata.
MangatahixbyArapata.
Hineperax " "
Hoetax " "
Hoerax " "

Nga Kai titiro—

G. S. Cooper.
Te Hapukux.

Translation.

Received from Mr. McLean on this 15th day of August 1859, the sum of twenty1859. 15 August. pounds £20 in payment for all our lands sold within the undermentioned boundaries—Ruataniwha North. that is, from Totaratutahi following the Waipaoa to Ruahine and then to Pohatuhaha and following downReceipt for £20. the boundary of the land formerly sold, to Matakite thence down the Mangaonuku to the old boundary and so back to Totaratutahi.

Now we have sold and finally conveyed all these places to which we have any claim under the shining sun of the present day, to Victoria the Queen of England, for ever.

Arapata,
&c., &c.

Witnesses—

G. S. Cooper.
Te Hapuku x.

True Translation.

G. S. Cooper.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 28th, 1876.