Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deed Receipts—No. 29.]

Deed Receipts—No. 29.

Takapau Block (Te Kuru's Claims), Province of. Hawke's Bay.

Kua Riro mai i a maua i tenei ra, i te 16 o nga ra o Hurae i te tau 1859, nga pauna1859. 16 July.Hawke's Bay. moni e rima tekau, na te Makarini i homai. Ko tetahi wahi tenei o nga utu o to matou kainga i te Takapau ka hokona ka tino tukua rawatia atu e matou i tenei ra e whiti neiTakapau. hei kainga pumau tonu iho ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarani ki nga Kingi Kuini raneiReceipt for £50. o muri iho i a ia, a ake tonu atu. Ka timata te rohe i Opuoka mau atu ki te Pinepine,Boundaries. mau atu ki a Wanau, mau atu ki a Numia, mau atu ki te Whare o Kaiwaru, mau atu ki te Matau, mau atu ki te Rakehou, rere tonu i te Matau, mau atu ki te Pa-tu-kauae, rere tonu ki Ohinekota, rere atu ki Taurangapapa, rere atu ki Nga-puna-a-Whakahinga, rere atu ki te Pukahu, rere atu ki Porangahau rere atu ki Makirikiri, mau atu ano ki Opuoka. Ko nga ingoa i roto i enei whenua ko te Rongo o Marama ko te Waimanu, ko te Waiaau, ko Putaeore, ko te Rango. Heoi ko nga utu e toe ana mo enei kainga, me ata whakarite marire i runga i te ruritanga o tenei whenua.

Ko te Kuru.
Ko Wi Matua.

Witness

G. S. Cooper, District Commissioner.
George Friend, Accountant.

Translation.

Received on this 16 day of July in the year 1859, the sum of Fifty pounds from Mr. McLean.1859. 16 July. This is a part of the price of our land at the Takapau which we have soldTakapau. and fully given up, under the shining sun of the present day as a lasting possession toReceipt for £50. Victoria the Queen of England and to all the Kings and Queens Her Successors for ever. The boundary begins at Opuoka, and runs on to te Pinepine, thence to Wanau,Boundaries. thence to Numia, thence to te Whare o Kaiwaru, thence to te Matau, thence to te Rakehou, thence following the Matau to te Pa tu Kauae, thence to Ohinekota, thence to Taurangapapa, thence to Ngapunaawhakahinga, thence to te Pukahu, thence to Porangahau, thence to Makirikiri and thence to Opuoka. The names of places included in these lands are te Rongo o Marama, te Waimanu, te Waiaau, Putaeore, and te Rango. The balance of the price of these lands is to be settled when they are surveyed.

Te Kuru.
Wi Matua.

Witness—

G. S. Cooper, Dist. Commr.
George Friend, Accountant.

True Translation.

G. S. Cooper.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 29th, 1876.