Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Samuel Deighton. I, Samuel Deighton, of Wairoa, Hawke's Bay, in the Colony of New Zealand, Licensed Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare,—

1st. That I am a duly licensed Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1867."

2nd. That I was present on the nineteenth day of December, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two (19th December, 1872), when the within-written Hori Ropiha executed the within-written Deed and the translation thereof marked A, and before he executed the same I faithfully translated and explained the said Deed to him, and he appeared perfectly to understand the purport thereof, and executed the same in my presence and in the presence of Charles Harmer, of Wairoa, in the Province of Hawke's Bay, Licensed Victualler, an European male adult.

3rd. That the within-written translation of the said Deed marked A is a true and correct translation thereof.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, under and by virtue of the provisions of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866," and of "The Native Lands Act, 1867."

Samuel Deighton,
Licensed Interpreter, Wairoa.

Declared at Wairoa, Province of Hawke's Bay, New Zealand, this nineteenth day of December, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two. Before me—

Fredk. F. Ormond, R.M.