Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

(Enclosure in No. 47.) — Mohaka-Waikare Block No. 2, Province of Hawke's Bay

(Enclosure in No. 47.)
Mohaka-Waikare Block No. 2, Province of Hawke's Bay.

[i roto i te reo Māori]

Note mea i whakaaetia a te Kawanatanga kia hoatu ki etahi tangata e whai take1871. 10 February. ana ki te whenua e huaina ana nei ko "Te Whenua nei ko Mohaka Waikare" nga moniMohaka waikare No.2. e wha rau pauna (£400) hei tino whakaotinga, whakakapinga i nga ritenga mo taua whenua kua whakamaramatia i roto i te Pukapuka Whakaaetanga i tuhituhia i te Tekau ma toru o nga ra o Hune, Kotahi mano e waru rau e whitu tekau. Na ko matou koReceipt for £400. nga tangata e mau nei o matou ingoa ki raro iho nei e whakaatu ana kua riro mai i a matou i tenei te Tekau o nga ra o Pepuere, Kotahi mano e waru rau, e whitu tekau ma tahi (1871) Na Hamuera Raka, Kaiwhakawa Tuturu i homai aua moni e Wha rau pauna (£400), hei tino whakakapinga whakaotinga hoki i nga utu mo reira.

Tareha.
Moihi Tarapuhi.
Renata Kawepo.
Te Waaka Kawatine. x his mark
page 562 Manaena Tini.
Moanaroa.
Rahera x her mark.
Anaru Kune.
Henri Puna.
Te Kapui x his mark.
Apirano.
Wata Rore.
Aperahama te Ruakowhai x his mark.
Whakarite x her mark.
Horiana Hinehou x her mark.
Ratima Tiakitai.
Epanao.
Na te Retimana.
Te Wirihana Ponomai x his mark.
Pahira te paea.
Toha.
Werahiko.
Piripi x his mark.
Ripeka Poporo x her mark.
Ko te Wata kahari.
Hoera Paretutu x his mark.
Tame Tuki x his mark.
Hemi Taka x his mark.
Perahama Te Iwiwhati x his mark.

Witness

H. M. Hamlin, Licensed Interpreter, Clive.
Karaitiana Takamoanax his mark.

[ko te tohutoro i roto i te reo Māori]

Translation.

1871. 10 February.Whereas it was agreed on by the Grovernment to give to certain claimants in the block known as "The Mohaka-Waikare" Block, the sum of Four hundred PoundsMohakawaikare No. 2. (£400) as a full and final settlement for the said block as set forth in the Deed ofReceipt for £400 Agreement, dated the thirteenth day of June, One thousand eight hundred and seventy. Now we the undersigned hereby acknowledge to have received this Tenth day of February, One thousand eight hundred and seventy one (1871) by the hands of Samuel Locke, Esqre., Resident Magistrate, the said sum of Four hundred Pounds (£400) being a full and final settlement of the same.

Tareha.
Renata Kawepo.
Moihi Tarapuhi.
Te Waka Kawatini,
and 25 others.

Witness—

H. M. Hamlin, Licensed Interpreter.
Karaitiana Takamoana x his mark.

A True Copy of Original Agreement, Translation, and Enclosure.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, July 5th, 1878.