Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

I, Francis Edward HamlinDeclaration of F. E. Hamlin., of Clive, in the Province of Hawke's Bay and Colony of New Zealand, Licensed Native Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1868," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867," do solemnly and sincerely declare,—
1.That I am acquainted with the within-named Karaitiana Takamoana and Manaena Tini Kirunga, both of the Ahuriri District, in the Province of Hawke's Bay, Aboriginal Natives of New Zealand.page 559
2.That I was present with the said Karaitiana Takamoana on the twenty-fifth day of November, One thousand eight hundred and sixty-nine, and Manaena Tini Kirunga on the twenty-ninth, day of November, in he same year, when I carefully read over, interpreted, and explained to them the within-written Deed of Conveyance, dated the twenty-fifth day of November, One thousand eight hundred and sixty-nine, and the contents thereof were fully understood by them previous to the execution thereof.
3.That the said Deed of Conveyance was executed by the said Karaitiana Takamoana on the twenty-fifth day of November, One thousand eight hundred and sixty-nine, in the presence of myself the said Francis Edward Hamlin, and David Vaughan, of Napier, in the Province and Colony aforesaid, Clerk, and that we subscribed our names as witnesses to the execution thereof by him; and that the said Deed was also executed by the said Manaena Tini Kirunga on the twenty-ninth, day of November, One thousand eight hundred and sixty-nine, in the presence of Thomas Tanner, of Napier aforesaid, a Justice of the Peace for the aforesaid Colony, and me the said Francis Edward Hamlin and that we both subscribed our names as witnesses to the execution thereof by him.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866," "The Native Lands Act, 1865," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867."

F. E. Hamlin.

Declared at Napier, in the Province of Hawke's Bay and Colony of New Zealand, this second day of December, 1869. Before me—

Brooke Taylor,

Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand, Napier. No. 5011. Received for Regitrn. at 11a.m.Registration. December 3rd, 1869.

(l.s.) H. B.Sealy,
Registrar of Deeds.

Recorded 6 Vol. D., fol. 617.
Index Vol. 12, fol. 200.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Declaration, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 28th, 1876.