Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

Translation

Translation.

Akitio, 12th March, 1858.
I have received on this day the sum of Fifty Pounds in money (£50) from Mr.12th March, 1858.Wairarapa District. McLean and Mr. Cooper in payment for my piece of land which I now cede to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed Her for ever. The boundary commences at Wahatuara and thence to Te Kiorekaiatua, thence to Orotakapa,Makuri. thence to Ngangaru, thence to Tuokura, here it turns and goes on to Makuri, thenceReceipt for £50. along the river to Hakikino, thence to Paekawakawa, thence to Takapauotahito, thenceBoundaries. to Te Puketoro, here it turns and runs to the first boundary, thence to Ruatapui, thence to Pukepoto, thence to Te Waiwero, thence to Taumatawinau, thence to Tuwatawata, thence to the first boundary it joins Wahatuara. I have fully ceded this place under the shining sun of this day as a permanent possession to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed Her for ever. When the survey is completed it will be settled what the balance of the money is to be to complete the purchase of this place when the extent and quality of the land shall be ascertained.

[Witnesses.]

[Signatures.]

Correct Translation.

T. E. Young,
Translator, Native Department.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, January 12th, 1877.