Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deeds—No. 201.]

Deeds—No. 201.

Ohaoa, Oterongo, Ikamaru, and Karori Reserves, Wellington District.

1853. 18 July.Wellington District. Kia rongo ra nga tangata katoa ko matou ko nga tangata e mau nei nga ingoa ki tenei pukapuka e wakaae ana i tenei ra i te tahi tekau ma waru (18) o nga ra o Hurae i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano e waru rau e rima tekau ma toru 1853, kia utua kiaOhaoa, Oterongo, Ikamaru, And Karori. tino tukua rawatia o matou whenua katoa kua oti nei te wakatapu mo matou ki Ohaoa, ki Oterongo, ki te Ikamaru, ki Korori hoki me o matou ngakinga kai katoa ki aua whenua ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei i muri iho i_a ia ake tonu atu.
Receipt for £75. A e wakaae ana hoki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini mona kia utua matou ki nga pauna moni E whitu tekau ma rima £75 mo aua whenua katoa, ko aua moni £75 kua riro mai ki o matou ringaringa na te Makarini i homai i tenei ra.

Heoi kua oti i a matou te poroporoake ki aua whenua ake tonu atu.

Horomana Tahurangi x his mark.
Te Teira x his mark.
Te Manihere x his mark.
Wetuku Tahurangi x his mark.
Te Aria te Pohe x his mark.
Kereopa Tehaukarewa.
Ko Okawa x his mark.
Tamati Taka x his mark.
Ripeka Taka x her mark.
Heri te Puhi x his mark.
Karepa te Onetu x his mark.
Anama e Tamarua.
Paro Tamaru x her mark.
Wiremu te Aue x his mark.

Nga kai titiro ki enei homaitanga utu me enei tuhinga ingoa—

W. A. McCleverty, Lt.-Colonel.
H. T. Kemp, Native Secretary.
Greorge Rich.
Ko te Puni x his mark.
Piri Kawau, Native Clerk.
Edmund Tuke, Settler, Ahuriri.

No. 325.

Registration.Received for Registration at ½ p. 10 o'clock a.m. on Thursday the 4th day of August 1853.

Recorded, 2 vol. Deeds, folio 192.

(l.s.) Robert R. Strang,
Registrar of Deeds.

Translation.

1853. 18 July.Wellington District. Listen all people, We the undersigned hereby agree on this day on the eighteenth 18 of the days of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty three 1853, to sell and for ever give up all our land which has been reserved for us at Ohaoa, at Oterongo, at the Ikamaru and at Karori, with all our cultivations within the saidOhaoa, Oterongo, Ikamaru, And Karori. lands to Victoria the Queen of England or to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever and ever.
Receipt for £75. And the Queen of England on her part agrees to pay us in pounds of money Seventy five £75 for all the said land and the said sum of £75 has been paid into our hands this day by Mr. McLean.

Now we have assuredly bad farewell to these our lands for ever and ever.

Horomana Tahurangi x his mark.
Te Teira x his mark.
Te Manihere x his mark, and eleven others.

Witnesses to this payment and the signatures—

W. A. McCleverty, Lt.-Colonel, and five others.

A True Translation.

Donald McLean.

Registration. Translation of a Native Deed numbered 325, and received for Registration at ½ p. 10 o'clock a.m. on Thursday the 4th August 1853.

Recorded 2 vol. Deeds, folio 193.

(l.s.) Robert R. Strang,
Registrar of Deeds.

True Copy of Original Deed, Translation, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, September 1st, 1877.