Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deeds—No. 200.]

Deeds—No. 200.

Waiariki Block No. 2 (McCleverty's Deed), Wellington District.

Wakarongo mai e nga tangata katoa ko matou ko nga tangata e mau nei nga ingoa ki1853. 18 July.Wellington District. tenei pukapuka e wakaae ana kia utua kia tino tukua rawatia tou matou whenua ki Waiariki hei whenua pumau na matou i tenei ra i te kau ma waru 18th o nga raWairiki No. 2. o Hurae i te tau o to tatou Ariki 1853 ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ake tohu atu.
A mo to matou wakaaetanga ki tenei wahi whenua kia utua e wakaae ana aReceipt for £12 . 10 . 0. Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini kia utua matou mo a matou wahi katoa ki roto ki aua whenua ki Waiariki ki nga pauna moni ngahuru ma rua me nga hereni ngahuru £12 10/ kua riro mai nei ki o matou ringaringa i tenei ra na te Makarini.

Ripeka Taka x her mark.
Heremia te Puhi x his mark.
Tamati Toha x his mark.
Karepe te Wetu x his mark.
Anama Tamarua.
Ko Karo x her mark.
Wiremu te Arei x his mark.

Nga kai titiro ki enei homaitanga utu me enei tuhituhinga ingoa—

W. A. McCleverty, Lt.-Colonel.
H. T. Kemp, Native Secretary.
George Rich.
Ko te Puni x his mark.
Edmund Tuke, Settler, Ahuriri.
Piri Kawau, Native Clerk.

No. 324.

Registration.Received for Registration at ½ p. 10 o'clock a.m. on Thursday the 4th August 1853.

Recorded 2 Vol. Deeds fol. 191.

(l.s.)Robert R. Strang,
Registrar of Deeds.

Translation.

Listen all people, We the undersigned hereby agree to sell and for ever give up1853. 18 July.Wellington District. our land at Waiariki as a sure and certain land from us, on this day on the eighteenth 18th day of the days of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty three 1853 to Victoria the Queen of England or to the Kings or Queens who mayWairiki No. 2. succeed her for ever and ever.
And having consented to the sale of this land, Victoria the Queen of England onReceipt for £12 . 10 . 0. her part consents to pay us for the said land and all our other portions of land at Waiariki the sum of Twelve Pounds and ten shillings £12 10/ which we have received this day from Mr. McLean.

Ripeka Toha x her mark.
Heremaia Te Puhi x his mark.
Tamati Toha x his mark.
Karepa te Wetu x his mark.
Anama Tamarua.
Ko Karo x her mark.
Wiremu Te Arei x his mark.

Witnesses to payment and signatures—

W. A. McCleverty, Lt.-Colonel.
H. T. Kemp, Native Secretary.
George Rich.
Ko te Puni x his mark.
Edmund Tuke, Settler, Ahuriri.
Piri Kawau, Native Clerk.

A True Translation.

Donald McLean,
Land Commissioner.

page 414

Translation of a Native Deed numbered 324 and received for Registration at ½ p. 10 o'clock a.m. on Thursday the 4th August 1853.

Registration. Recorded 2 vol. Deeds, folio 191.

(L.s.)Robert R. Strang,
Registrar of Deeds.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Translation, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, September 1st, 1877.