Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[Deeds—No. 113.]

Deeds—No. 113.

Ruamahanga (Land on), Wairarapa District.

He Pukapuka tino whakaae pono tenei na matou i tenei ra i tekau ma rima (15) o nga1853. 15 December.Wairarapa District. ra o Tihema 1853 kia tukua rawatia tetahi wahi o to matou kainga ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ake tonu atu.Ruamahanga(Land on).
A e whakaae ana hoki a te Kuini o Ingarini mona kia utua matou ki nga pauna moni E rua tekau (£20) takitahi. Ko taua utu kua riro mai ki a matou i tenei ra naReceipt for £20. te Makarini i homai.
Nga rohe o taua wahi ka timata i Tauwharepurakau rere tonu i runga i te kahaBoundaries. kua hokona tae noa ki te taiepa hoiho makere ki roto ki Ruamahanga tae noa ki Tauwharepurakau ara ko te wahi katoa I purutia he ngakinga mo Ngatikahungunu i te hokonga i Tuiterata o Rakaiwakairi me ona parae me ona rakau me ona aha noa iho o taua whenua ka riro atu ake tonu atu.

No konei ka tuhia e matou to matou ingoa.

Tutere Kingi Wakahaurangi.
Raniera Roimatax.
Wiremu Tamihana Hiko.

Witnesses

John P. Russell,

Settler, Wairarapa.

Archd. Gillies,

Settler, Otaraia, Wairarapa.

Rihara Taki,

Kaiwakaako, Wairarapa.

Translation.

This is a paper of our full consent on this 15 fifteenth day of December 1853 entirely to1853. 15 December.Ruamahanga(Land on). give up a certain portion of our land to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever and ever.
The Queen of England agrees also on her part to pay us the sum of Twenty Pounds (£20) once told which payment we have this day received of Mr. McLean.Receipt for £20.
The boundaries of the land commence at Tauwharepurakau thence along theBoundaries. boundary of the land already sold to the horse fence and down the Ruamahanga Stream to Tauwharepurakau that is all that portion which was reserved as a plantation for Ngatikahungunu at the time of the purchase at Tuiterata of Rakaiwakairi with its plains timber and all appertaining to the said land which is now given up for ever.

The testimony whereof we hereunto sign our names.

Tutere Kingi Wakahaurangi.
Raniera Roimata x.
Wiremu Tamihana Hiko.

Witnesses—

John P. Russell,

Settler, Wairarapa.

Archd. Gillies,

Settler, Otaraia, Wairarapa.

Rihara Taki,

Kaiwakaako, Wairarapa.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 4th, 1876.