Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Joseph John Freeth. I, Joseph John Freeth, of Wairarapa, Certificated Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare on oath,—
1.That I am a Certificated Interpreter.
2.2. That previous to the execution of the within-written Deed by Tamati Whiwhiana, Retimana Korou, Wi Paraone, and Arapata Te Haruru, the Vendors therein named, I translated and interpreted the contents of the said Deed to them, and that such translation and interpretation was correct, and was understood by them the said Vendors.
3.That the said Deed was executed by the said Vendors in the presence of me and in the presence of John Henry and Edward Marsh Girdlestone respectively; and that the said John Henry and Edward Marsh Girdlestone are adult persons.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, page 404and by virtue of the provisions of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Joseph Freeth,
Certificated Interpreter, Wairarapa.

Declared on oath at Masterton, this 19th day of December, 1873. Before me—

Herbert s. Wardell,

A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Declaration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington,November 25th, 1875.