Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Thos. E. Young. I, Thomas Edward Young, of the City of Wellington, in the Province of Wellington, Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare,—
1.That I hold a certificate as Interpreter under the Native Lands Act.page 402
2.That I was present on the twenty-fourth day of October, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three, with Richard Booth, of the Province of Wellington, Assistant Land Purchase Officer, and did see the within-described Te Rangirurupuni and all the parties whose names appear after his, down to Huru Te Hiaro inclusive, execute the within-written Conveyance.
3.That previous to such execution as aforesaid of the said Conveyance by the said Te Rangirurupuni and all the parties whose names appear after his down to Huru Te Hiaro inclusive, I interpreted and translated the same to them, and that my translation was correct, and was understood by them.
4.That the said Richard Booth is a male adult.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

T. E. Young,
Certificated Interpreter.

Declared at Wellington aforesaid this twenty-eighth day of October, 1873, before me—

J. H. H. St. John, Inspt. A.C.,
A Justice of the Peace.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Declaration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, January 17th, 1876.