Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

I, Herbert George Deedes, of the War Office, Pall Mall, in the County of Middlesex,Declaration of Lt.-Col. Herbert George Deedes Lieutenant-Colonel in Her Majesty's Army, Private Secretary to the Right Honorable Gathorne Hardy, Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for War, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—First, I was present and did see the Right Honorable Gathorne Hardy, named and described in the annexed Deed of Conveyance marked A bearing date the eighth day of February, 1875, duly sign, seal, and as his act and deed deliver the said Deed. Secondly, that the name Gathorne Hardy set opposite to the seal affixed at foot of the said Deed as the party executing the same, and the name Herbert George Deedes subscribed to the docquet of attestation thereon as witness to such execution, are veritably the signatures and proper handwritings of the said Right Honorable Gathorne Hardy and of me the declarant respectively. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of an Act made and passed in the sixth year of the reign of His Majesty King William the Fourth intituled " An Act to repeal an Act of the present session of Parliament intituled ' An Act for the more effectual abolition of oaths and affirmations taken and made in various departments of the State, and to substitute declarations in lieu thereof, and for the more entire suppression of voluntary and extra-judicial oaths and affidavits, and to make other provisions for the abolition of unnecessary oaths.' "

Herbert George Deedes.

Declared at the War Office, Pall Mall, in the County of Middlesex, this 9th day of February, 1875, before me—
Tob. G. Ridgway, Not. Pub.