Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Edwin T. Woon I, Edwin Turner Woon, of Wanganui, in the Province of Wellington, Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—
1. That I did faithfully interpret in the Maori language the within Deed to Aperahama Tipae, named therein, before the execution of the said Deed by him.
2. My translation of the said Deed was correct, and was understood by the said Aperahama Tipae.
3. That the said Deed was executed by the said Aperahama Tipae in the presence of George McCaul, of Wanganui, Law Clerk, and of me this declarant, and was executed on the day it bears date, being the seventh day of October, one thousand eight hundred and seventy.
4. The name Edwin Turner Woon, set and subscribed as one of the witnesses attesting the due execution of the said Deed, is of my handwriting, and I hold a certificate authorizing me to act as Interpreter under the Native Lands Act and the Native Lands Act Amendment Act, which are in full force and effect.
5. The name George McCaul, set and subscribed as one of the witnesses attesting the due execution of the said Deed, is of the proper handwriting of the said George McCaul, and the said George McCaul is a male adult. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the said several Acts, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand entitled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Edwin Turner Woon,
Licensed Interpreter.

Made and declared at Wanganui aforesaid, this twenty-ninth day of November, 1870. Before me—

Thos. Waters, J.P.