Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Thomas McDonnell. I, Thomas McDonnell, of Wanganui, in the Province of Wellington, in the Colony of New Zealand, Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—
1.That I did faithfully interpret in the Maori language the within-written Deed to Aperahama Tipae, therein named and described, previous to his execution thereof.
2.That my translation was correct, and was understood by the said Aperahama Tipae.
3.That the said Deed was executed by the said Aperahama Tipae in the presence of me this declarant, and of Charles Holmes Borlase, of Wanganui aforesaid, solicitor, and was executed on the day it bears date, being the eleventh day of January, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two.
4.That the name Thomas McDonnell is of my proper handwriting, and that I am a duly licensed Native Interpreter under the Native Lands Act in force in this colony.
5.That the name Charles H. Borlase, set and subscribed to the within-written Deed as one of the witnesses attesting the due execution thereof by the said Aperahama Tipae, is of the proper handwriting of the said Charles Holmes Borlase, and the said Charles Holmes Borlase is a male adult.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Thomas McDonnell,
Licensed Interpreter, Wanganui.

Declared at Wanganui aforesaid, this eleventh day of January, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two, before me—

Joseph Willcox,
A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

Registration. No. 14509.—Received 11 a.m. Wednesday, 17th April, 1872.

(l.s.)

John E. Smith,
Registrar of Deeds.