Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

I, Robert Smelt Bush, of Wellington, in the Colony of New Zealand, NativeDeclaration of Robert Bush. Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows, that is to say:—
1.I did faithfully interpret into the Maori language the within deed to Kerekeha Te Rei, Ruhia Te Rei, and Hana Wi Tana, the same having been parties named therein, before the execution of the said deed by them.
2.My translation of the said deed was correct, and was understood by the said Kerekeha Te Rei, Ruhia Te Rei, and Hana Wi Tana.
3.The said deed was executed by the said Kerekeha Te Rei, Ruhia Te Rei, and Hana Wi Tana in the presence of Morgan Carkeek, of Wellington aforesaid, Surveyor, and me this declarant.
4.The name Robert S. Bush, set and subscribed as that of one of the witnesses attesting then due execution of the said Deed, is of my proper handwriting, and I hold a certificate authorizing me to act as an Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1865." and "The Native Lands Act, 1867," which said certificate is in full force and effect.
5.The name Morgan Carkeek, set and subscribed as that of one of the witnesses attesting the due execution of the said deed, is of the proper handwriting of the said Morgan Carkeek, and the said Morgan Carkeek is a male adult.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the said several Acts, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Robert S. Bush,
Certificated Interpreter.

Made and declared at Marton, in the Province of Wellington, in the Colony of New Zealand, this third day of February, One thousand eight hundred and seventy-two. Before me—

J. E. Fitzgerald,

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.

A True Copy of Original Agreement and Declaration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, December 29th, 1875.