Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

I, James Grindell, of Wellington, in the Province of Wellington, in the ColonyInterpreter's declaration. of New Zealand, a Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly arid sincerely declare—
1.That I am a duly Licensed Native Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1865," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867."
2.That I was present when the within-named Hoani Takerei, Epiha te Rimunui, Raukohe Tupe, Karatea te Rotu, Hare Hemi te Horo, Hemi Warena, Te Ataihaea, Tangaroa te Rauhihi, Te Karena Te Taha, Ngahuia Hami, Te Waka Tukuwhare, Ereni Raka, Wi Katene te Wahapiro, Ahira te Purangi, Henere Herekau, Arapere Tukuwhare, Tiriwa te Tahora, Poaneke te Momo, Matamira Paneta, Pipi Takerei, Atanatiu Hinewairangi, Nere Puratahi, Nerehana te Whare Rangiwhakaorua Mira, Henere Te Huri, Te Tuku te Rangürunga, Hanatia te Whare, Wi Keepa Ritete, Heni Teira, Ria Herekau, Hue te Huri, Kireona Tupotahi, Raureti Ngawhena Rutu Pehitane, Rihi Tapuae, Nopera te Herekau, Paranihi te Rimunui, Hoani Taipua, Haria Taipua, Te Moroati Kiharoa, Hemi Warena, Ria Herekau, Matenga te Moroati, Areta te Uira, Hema te Ao, Wirihana Ahuta and Kipa te Whatanui, all aboriginal Natives of New Zealand, duly executed the within-written Deed, and that before they executed the same I faithfully translated and explained the said Deed to them, and they appeared to perfectly understand the purport thereof, and executed the same in my presence and in the presence of James Thomson, an adult male European.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, under and by virtue of the provisions of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866," and "Native Lands Act, 1867."

James Grindell.

Made and declared at Wellington, this 23rd day of May, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three. Before me—

William Dorsett, J.P.