Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of James Grindell. I, James Grindell, of the City of Wellington, in the Colony of New Zealand, do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1.That I am a Native Interpreter, and hold a Certificate under the Native Lands Acts.
2.That I was present with Charles P. Powles, of the said City of Wellington, Assistant Provincial Treasurer, on the tenth day of June, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three, and did see Hoani Taipua, the partial vendor in the foregoing Deed mentioned, duly execute the said Deed.
3.That previous to such execution the said Deed was interpreted and translated by me to the said Hoani Taipua, and that such interpretation and translation was correct, and was understood by the said Hoani Taipua.
4.That the said Charles T. Powles is a male adult.
page 139

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

James Grindell.

Declared at the City of Wellington aforesaid,
this Twelfth day of June, 1873. Before
me—

John E. Smith,

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.