Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

I, ThomasE. Young,of Wellington, in the Province of Wellington, in the Colony ofDeclaration of Thos. E. Young. New Zealand, Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows, that is to say,—
1.That I did faithfully interpret in the Maori language the above-written Deed to Te Ropiha Moturoa and other Natives mentioned therein before the execution of the said deed by them.
2.That my translation of the said Deed was correct, and fully understood by the said Te Ropiha Moturoa and other Natives.
3.The said Deed was executed by the said Te Ropiha Moturoa and other Natives in the presence of John Le Marchant Carey and of me this declarant, and was executed on the day it bears date, being the eighth day of November, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three.page 122
4.The name John Le Marchant Carey, set and subscribed as one of the witnesses attesting the due execution of the said Deed, is of the proper handwriting of the said John L. M. Carey, and the said John Le Marchant Carey is a male adult. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

T. E. Young.

Declared at Wellington, this 26th day of November, 1873.

Thos. H. Smith,

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation, Receipts, Declarations, and Certificates.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, January 3rd, 1876.