Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

Schedule

Schedule.

Commencing at the Waipuku River going on in a straight line to the River ManganuiBoundaries. [20,700 acres.] crossing over and going on to Piakau to Kahouri straight on till it gets to the Patea River turning here and following up that River to its source, turning here and going straight on to Tahunaatutawa the line of the land lately sold to the Government called Waipuku, turning here and following that line down to the source of the Waipuku River following down that River to where the line commenced.
I, Thomas Edward Young,of Wellington, Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act,Declaration of Thos. Edwd. Young. 1878," do solemnly and sincerely declare that I explained the contents of the within Deed to the Natives by whom it was executed, and that they appeared fully to understand the meaning and purport of the same. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

T. E. Young,
Interpreter.

Declared at Wellington aforesaid, this twenty-third day of November, 1874. Before me—

H. T. Clarke, J.P.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Schedule, and Declaration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, September 17th, 1875.
page 80