Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 92.]

Deeds Receipts—No. 92.

1854. 14 June.Waikaka Block (Claims of Hauauru and Others), Piako District.

Piako District.Kuariro mai i a matou inaianei i tenei ra i te tekau ma wha (14) o nga ra o Hune i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano ewaru rau o rima tekau ma wha (1854) kotahi te Waikaka. rau pauna moni takitabi (£100) na te Makarini i homai mo te whenua i hokona e te Receipt for £100, first instalment. Karamu i Piako tona ingoa ko Waikaka otira he timatanga hoko tenei mo Piako.

Na kua tukua rawatia atu tenei whenua e matou ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarani ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ake tonu atu.

No te rironga mai o enei moni ki a matou ka tuhia iho o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Ko Hauaurux tona tohu.
Te Hura x tona tohu.
Te Puru.

Nga Kai Titiro—

John White, Interpreter

H. T. Kemp, J. P.

John P. Russell, Settler, Wairarapa.
page 757

Translation.

We have received on this fourteenth day, (14) of June in the year of our Lord One 1854. 14 June. thousand eight hundred and fifty four (1854) the sum of one 'hundred pounds once told Waikaka. (£100) from Mr. McLean for the land which was sold by Te Karamu at Piako named Receipt for £100, first instalment. Waikaka, This is a commencing purchase for Piako.

Now we have for ever sold this land to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever.

On the receipt of these monies we hereunto affix our names and our marks.

Ko Hauauru x his mark.
Te Hura x his mark
Te Puru x his mark.

Witnesses—

John White, Interpreter.

And 2 others.

A True Copy of Original-Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington July. 26th 1875.