Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 85.]

Deed Receipts—No. 85.

Hotukiwi and Hotungaio Block, Hauraki District.

1854. 21 June.Hauraki District.Kua riro mai i a matou inaianei i tenei ra i te (21) rua tekau ma tahi o nga ra o Hune Hotukiwi And Hotungaio i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano e waru rau a rima tekau ma wha (1854) E rima tekau pauna moni (£50) hei utu mo tetahi whenua o matou kei Hauraki tona ingoa ko Receipt for £50. Hotukiwi ko Hotungaio.
Ko nga rohe anei ka timata ki te totara ka haere Tanepaia ka haere Hotukiwi ka Boundaries. haere mai te Aratakahi ka haere mai Hotungaio ka makere ki Waihou ka haere tonu i te awa o Hauraki tutaki noa ki te Totara te rohe timatanga.

Na ka tukua rawatia atu tenei whenua e matou ki a Wikitoria to Kuini o Ingarani page 753ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia me ona rakau me ona kowhatu me ona aha me ona aha ake tonu atu.

No te rironga mai o enei moni koia ka tuhia iho o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Hauaurux tona tohu.
Rawiri Hauauru.
Hamiora.
Koinake x tona tohu.

Kai Titiro—

John White, Interpreter.
John P. Russell, Settler,

Wairarapa.

H. T. Kemp, J.P.

True Copy of Original Deed.

H. T. Kemp
Acting Chief Commissioner.

Auckland, October. 30th, 1855.

Translation.

We have received on the 21 day of June in the year of Our Lord 1854 the sum of 1854. 21 June. Hotukiwi. £50 in payment for certain land of ours at Hauraki called Hotukiwi and Hotungaio.
These are the boundaries: Commencing at Te Totara thence to Tanepaia thence Receipt for £50. to Hotukiwi thence to Aratakahi thence to Hotungaio thence to Waihou thence along Boundaries. the river up Hauraki to Te Totara the commencing point.

Now we entirely give up this land to Victoria the Queen of England and to the kings and Queens who may succeed Her, together with its trees its rocks and every thing belonging to it for ever.

For the receipt of this money we hereunto subscribe our names and make our marks.

[Witnesses.]

[Signatures.]

Correct Translation.

T. E. Young,
Translator, Native Department.

A True Transript of Certified Copy of Original Receipt.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February. 10th, 1876.