Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 77.]

page 749

Deed Receipts—No. 77.

Manukau Block, Manukau District.

Kua riro mai ki a matou na te Makarini i tenei ra i te e toru tekau o nga ra o Nowema 1857. 30 November. Manukau District. i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano waru rau rima tekau ma whitu nga moni e whitu Manukau Block. tekau £70 hei utu tino whakaotinga rawatanga tenei ake tonu atu mo a matou wahi Claims of Ihaia and others. whenua katoa i roto i nga whenua ki Manuka kua hokona a Ngatiteata ki a Wikitoria Receipt for £70. te Kuini o Ingarani.

Hoiano ki a matou katoa ko enei moni anake, koia ka tuhi iho ai e matou o matou ingoa me o matou tohu i tenei ra i to e toru tekau 30th o nga ra o Nowema 1857.

Ihaia.
Tamehana.
Natana Hira x his mark.
Eruera.
Tara Tikitiki x his mark.
Hariata.
Wiremu Hopiha.
Hunia.

Kai-titiro—

John Hobbs.
Ihaka Taka anini.
James Fulloon.

Witnesses to the signature of Hunia—

Wm. B. Baker.
Janisch, V.

Translation.

We have received from Donald McLean Esquire on this day the 30th of November in 1857. 30 November. Manukau Block. the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred fifty seven the sum of Seventy pounds being the last and final payment for all our claims to land within the block at Manuka Claims of Ihaia and others. which have been sold by Ngatiteata to the Queen of England.
This is all the payment we are to receive wherefore we sign our names and marks Receipt for £70. on this thirtieth (30) day of November 1857.

Ihaia.
Tamehana.
Natana hira x his mark.
Eruera.
Taratikitiki x his mark.
Hariata.
Wiremu Hopiha.
Hunia.

Witness—

John Hobbs.
Ihaka Taka anini.
James Fulloon.

Witnesses to the signature of Hunia—

Wm. B. Baker.
Janisch, V.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, August. 16th, 1875.