Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 39.]

Deed Receipts—No. 39.

The Wade, Pukekohe, and Pukekauere Blocks, Mahubangi District.

Kua Riromai i a maua i tenei ra i te toru tekau o nga ra o Hanuere i te tau o to 1864. 30 January. Mahurangi District. tatou Ariki 1864 nga pauna moni e toru rau (£300) me nga pauna moni e rua rau e rima tekau (£250) hei utu whakaotinga mo matou katoa, ko nga tangata e pa ana ki nga whenua katoa kaore i tino rite te tuku imua i roto i te Takiwa o te Weiti o Pukekohe, o The Wade And Other Blocks. Receipt for £550, last payment. Pukekauere hei utu hoki mo nga whenua katoa o Pakihi ma i aua Takiwa i nga Takiwa hoki e tutata ana ki reira.

Ko te tikanga o to matou whakaaetanga tenei kia riro rawa atu ki Te Kawanatanga nga wahi whenua katoa e takoto ana i waenga o nga rohe o nga wahi kua oti na te tuku imuaki te taha ki raro, ki te taha ki runga ki te tana ki te marangai, ki te tahaki te uru kia kaua tetahi wahi o aua takiwa katoa kia takoto raru a muri ake nei.

Keene.
Pakihi.

Witnesses
Henry Alfred Home Monro, Translator, Native Department. Ko te Hemara Tauhia.

page 732

Translation.

1864. 30 JanuaryWe have received this day the 30th January 1864 the sum of three hundred pounds The Wade And Other Blocks. (£300) and the sum of Two hundred and Fifty pounds (£250) as a final payment for us all, for the men have claims upon the lands, the sale of which was not completed Receipt for £550, final payment. formerly, in the districts of the Wade, Pukekohe, and Pakekauere also in payment of all the land of Pakihi and party in that District an in the adjoining Districts.

This is what we agree to give the Government possession of, all the pieces of land lying within the boundaries of the land formerly sold, North, South, East and West. That no portion whatever of those Districts may remain unsettled.

Keene.
Pakihi.

Witnesses—

Henry Alfred Horne Monro, Translator Native Department.
Te Hemara Tauhia.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, August 10th, 1875.