Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 37.]

Deed Receipts—No. 37.

Mahakirau No. 1 Block (outside of), Mahurangi District.

Akarana, 19 Hepetema, 1862.
1862. 19 September.Mahurangi District.Kua riro mai ki au na te Makarini i homai nga pauna moni kotani te rau takitahi (£100 . 0 . 0) hei utu timatanga mo tetahi taha o Mahakirau 1800 pea o nga eka, kia oti Mahakirau No. 1.Receipt for £100. te ruri me te wakahaere nga rohe o taua wahi ka wakaotia ona utu ki te ritenga mo te eka o Mahakirau.

Nga rohe.

Boundaries. [1,800 acres.] Ka timata ki te Tara-o Maumaupaki haere tonu atu ki te ritenga o Motutohetohe ka haere i runga i te Kaka tae noa i runga i te Kaka puta noa ki te ritenga o Hikurangi ka tahi ki reira ka Tapahi ka haere i runga i te Weiti ka putaki te awa o Mahakirau ka witi ki tawahi ka wakaeke ki te Tara ki uta o Kakaroa ka mutu i reira ka ahu i te ara ruri o Mahakirau ka tutaki i reira nga rohe.

(Sd.) Maka Penehareti x.

Nga Kai-titiro—

(Sd.)James H. Campbell.
"H. E. Rice, L.P.D.

Translation.

Auckland, 19 September, 1862.
1862. 19 September.I have received this day from Donald McLean Esqre one hundred pounds a part Outside Mahakirau No. 1. payment of one side of Mahakirau (a piece outside the boundary) there are about 1800 page 731acres and when the survey is finished and the boundaries pointed out of the piece then payment will be made at the same rate as paid for Mahakirau.

These are the boundaries. Receipt for £100.

Commencing at the boundary of Mau-mau-paki it goes on then to the line of Boundaries. [1,800 acres.] "Motu tohe tohe" thence along the Kaka and when it reaches the summit it goes along the line of Hikurangi, when it reaches there it cuts through and goes along the Wade and comes out in the river Mahakirau it crosses over to the other side and thence it runs up on the inland boundary of Kakaroa, it stops then and then goes on the survey line of Mahakirau where the boundaries meet.

(Sd.) Maha Penehareti x.

Witnesses—

(Sd.) James H. Campbell.
H. E. Rice, L.P.D.

A True Transcript of Office Copy of Receipt.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, October 8th, 1875.