Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deed Receipts—No. 23.]

page 724

Deed Receipts—No. 23.

Kourawhero and Ahuroa Blocks, Whangarei District.

1855. 22 January.Whangarri District.Kua riro mai i a matou i a te Honiana tetehi kai whakarite whenua mo te Kawana o Nui Tireni nga pauna e Toru rau (£300) ko nga moni enei i whakaritea he whakaotinga mo Kourawhero mo te Ahuroa ki a te Kuini Wikitoria o Engarangi ki nga Kingi Kuini o Kourawhero. muri i a ia ake tonu atu ki te pukapuka tuku i aua whenua i tuhituhia ki Mahurangi i te Receipt for £300, final instalment. rua tekau ma rua o nga ra o Hune i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano waru rau ma rima tekau ma wha (1854). No reira ka tino whakaae matou kia whakarerea rawatia aua whenua ko nga rohe kua oti te tuhituhi ki te pukapuka o te tukunga o te utu matamua koia matou ka tuhituhi i o matou nei ingoa i tenei rangi i te rua tekau ma rua o nga ra o Hanuere i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano waru rau ma rima tekau ma rima (1855).

Te Kirikaiparawa x tona tohu.
Te Uranga x tona tohu.
Piriparaone.
Te Hemara.
Te Koru x tona tohu.
Hori Kingi x.
John White.
Wiremu Apo.
Na roa.

I te aroaro o—

John White, Interpreter.
Archd. A. McInnes Clerk, N.L.P. Dept.

Translation.

1855. 22 January.Received by us from Mr. Johnson one of the Government Land Commissioners for Kourawhero. New Zealand, the sum of Three Hundred Pounds (£300) this sum being the last Receipt for £300, last instalment. and final payment of Koura Whero and Ahuroa to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings and Queens after her for ever, as per Deed written and entered into at Mahurangi on the 22nd day of June in the year of our Lord 1854 hence our fully consenting to give up and make over these Lands, the boundaries are those described in the Deeds for the first instalment and in token whereof we now sign our names on this the 22nd day of January in the year of our Lord 1855.

(Signed) Te Kiri Kaipara x his mark.
"Te Uranga x his mark.
"Piriparaone.
"Te Hemara.
"Te Koru x his mark.
(Signed) Hori Kingi x his mark.
" John White.
" Wiremu Apo.
" Naroa.

Witnesses—

(Signed) John White, Interpreter.
" Archd. A. McInnes, Clerk, N.L.P. Dept.

A True Copy of Original Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, August 17th, 1875