Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 117.]

page 768

Deeds Receipts—No. 117.

Te Koao Block, Whaingaroa District.

1854. 12 April.Whaingaroa DistrictKua riro mai ki a matou na te Makarini nga pauna moni e toru tekau ma rima (£35) hei utu mo to matou wahi whenua ki Pokarangi ara te wahi i kapea i te ruritanga o Te Te Koao. Raika.
Receipt for £35 Nga rohe o te whenua ka timata ki te Koao haere ki Rarauhiroa ka marere ki te Boundaries Moari ka marere ki Opotoru ka haere i roto i te awa o Opotoru tutaki noa ki te wahi i hokona e Taenui ki Akarana ka rere i te rohe o te Mata puta noa ki Taumanuka ka tutahi noa ki te Koao.

No te rironga mai o enei moni ki a matou i tenei ra i te 12 o nga ra o Aperira 1854 ka tino wakaae pu matou kia tukua rawatia tenei wahi o to matou kainga ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarini ki nga Kingi Kuini ranei o muri iho i a ia ake tonu atu.

A ka tuhia iho e matou o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Noah te Ngauru x
Ekana Waingaro x
Hemi Puke
Rupene Rapatahi
Te Waka te Ruke x
Hapati
Ko Hikaka x
Ruka te Wana x

Kai titiro—

C. Powell, Settler, New Plymouth

John P. Russell, Settler, Wangai Moana

Wairarapa

Translation.

1854. 12 April.We have received from Mr. McLean the sum of £35 in payment for our land at Whaingaroa District Pokarangi that is the part which was excluded from Mr. Ligar's survey.
The boundaries of the land commence at Te Koao thence to Rarauhiroa thence to Te Moari thence to Opotoru thence along the Opotoru stream to the portion sold by Te Koao. Tainui at Auckland thence along the boundary of Te Mata to Taumanuka thence to Te Receipt for £85 Koao.
Boundaries In consideration of our having received this sum on this 12th April 1854 we fully agree to give up entirely that portion of our place to Victoria the Queen of England and to the Kings or Queens who may succeed her for ever.

And We do hereunto subscribe our names and make our marks.

[Witnesses.]

[Signatures.]

Correct Translation

T. E. Young,
Translator, Native Department

A True Copy of Original-Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton

Wellington August. 4th 1875.