Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 116.]

Deeds Receipts—No. 116.

Te Hui Pokohuka Block, Whaingaroa District.

Kua riro mai ki a matou na te Makarini i tenei ra i te tekau ma tahi (11) o nga ra o 1854. 11 April. Whaingaroa District Aperira i te tau o to tatou Ariki 1854 nga pauna moni e rima tekau takitahi hei utu mo tetahi taha o to matou kainga ki Ngaurukehu.
Nga rohe o te whenua ka timata ki te Hui Pokohuka ka rere ki Tipahau rero tonu Te Hui Pokohuka. i te taha o te whenua kua hokona ki a te Raika puta noa Ki Matahahaia ka ahu i reira Receipt for £50 ki Opiri ka haere ki te Kohukohu ka haere ki te tihi o Tonganui puta noaki Hui.
Kotahi te wahi iti mo Wiremu te Awaitaia ki roto te ingoa o taua wahi ko Bounderies Kihorewaru he wahi nohoanga mona. Kihorewaru reserved

Kia oti rawa taua whenua te ruri te wakahaere ka tino wakatumau ai nga utu hei otinga mo tenei whenua.

Wiremu Te Awaitaia
Hikaka x
Ruka te Wana x
Na Hemi Matini
Na Hakopa
IIemi Nera

Nga Kai Titiro—

Alfred A. M. McKellar

John P. Russell

Translation.

We have received from Mr. McLean on this the eleventh (ll) day of, April in the 1854. 11 April. year of our Lord 1854 the sum of Fifty pounds (£50) once told as payment for Te Hui Pokohuka. a certain portion of our land at Ngaurukehu.
The boundaries of the land commence at Huipokohuka thence to Tipahau thence Receipt for £50 along the boundary of the land purchased by Mr. Ligar to Matahahaia thence to Opiri Boundaries thence to Kohukohu and thence to Tihiotonganui and on to te Hui.
A small reserve has been retained for Wiremu Te Awaitaia in this block named Kihorewaru reserved Kihorewaru as a place of residence for him.

When the land has been surveyed and the boundaries perambulated the total amount of payment will be decided upon.

Witnesses—

Wiremu Awaitaia
&c, &c.

Alfred A. M. McKellar

John P. Russell

A True Copy of Original-Receipt and Translation.

Wellington August 4th, 1875

H. Hanson Turton