Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds Receipts—No. 103.]

Deeds Receipts—No. 103.

Karoromanu Block, Lower Waikato District.

Kua riro mai Ma matou na te Makarini nga pauna moni E rima tekau (£50) takitahi 1854. 5 July. Lower Waikato District. hei whakaritenga utu mo tetahi wahi o to matou kainga ki Waikato ara ko Karoromanu te ingoa nui o taua whenua kia oti te ruri te whakahaere taua whenua ka whakatumautia Karoromanu. nga utu e toe ake nei mo taua whenua. Receipt for £50, advance.
Nga rohe o te whenua ka timata ki Taratiemi ka haere ki Makeo ka haere Ketewai ka rere ki nga puke tuarua ka haere tonu i te tana o te moana puta noa ki Matuatua ka Boundaries page 762waiho te rohe i roto o te awa o Matuatua puta noa ki Huriwai haere ki Oriamoehau rere tonu ki Tahumataroa ka haere i te rohe o te Manihere puta noa ki Taratiemi.

Kua oti rawa i a matou nga wahi katoa o roto o enei rohe te tino whakaae ki a Wikitoria te Kuini o Ingarani ake tonu atu.

A no te rironga mai o enei moni ki a matou i tenei ra i te (5) rima o nga ra o Hurai i te tau o to tatou Ariki 1854 ka tuhituhia iho o matou ingoa me o matou tohu.

Mete Karaka, te Au.
Te Wiremu Ngapaki.
Te Apa.
Te Hira te Witu x.
Te Wetini.

Nga Kai Titiro—

John White, Interpreter.

Archd. A. McInnes, Clerk, N.L.P. Dept.

Translation.

1854. 5 July.We have Received from Mr. McLean the sum of £50 in payment for a portion of our place at Waikato generally known as Karoromanu. When the survey and the inspection Lower Waikato District. of that land is completed the balance of the payment for it will be decided.
The boundaries of that land commence at Taratiemi thence to Makeo thence to Karoromanu. Ketewai thence to Nga Puke Tuarua thence along the sea coast to Matuatua the Receipt for £50, advance. boundary then follows the Matuatua stream to Huriwai thence to Oriamoehau thence to Tahumataroa thence along the boundary of Te Manihere to Taratiemi.
Boundaries We have fully consented to give up all the places within these boundaries to Victoria the Queen of England for ever.

And for the receipt of this money on this fifth day of July in the year of Our Lord 1854 we hereunto subscribe our names and make our marks.

[Witnesses.]

[Signatures.]

Correct translation.

T. E. Young,
Translator, Native Department.

A True Copy of Original-Receipt and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton

Wellington July. 21st 1875.