Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

Declaration of J. W. R. Guilding. I, John William Richard) Guilding of Shortland in the Province of Auckland in New Zealand a duly authorized Interpreter under the Native Lands Act 1873 do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1.That I was present together with Gerald O'Halloran of Shortland in the Province of Auckland aforesaid a male adult and did see Hera Puna and Ngakapa Whanaunga named and described in the within written Deed duly sign and execute the same on the twenty seventh day of August 1874.
2.That the names Hera Puna and Ngakapa Whanaunga are of the proper handwriting of the said Hera Puna and Ngakapa Whanaunga.
3.That before the execution of the said Deed by the said Hera Puna and Ngakapa Whanaunga I did translate the same into the Maori language and that my translation page 449thereof was correct and was perfectly understood by the said. Hera Puna and Ngakapa Whanaunga and I make this declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled the Justices of the Peace Act 1866.

J. W. R. Guilding..

Declared at Thames in the said Province this
nineteenth day of October one thousand
eight hundred and seventy four.

E. W. Puckey,.
A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

4116d.

Registration. Received for Registration at 10 a.m., 16 Nov. 1874.

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.