Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Edward Davis]

[Declaration of Edward Davis]

Declaration of Edward Davis. I Edward Davis of Coromandel in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand Licensed Interpreter of the Maori language do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1.I hold a certificate authorizing me to act as Interpreter under " The Native Lands Act 1865," The Native Lands Act 1867," and the Native Lands Act 1869 " which certificate is in full force and effect.
2.I was present together with William Joseph Young of Auckland in the said Province Licensed Interpreter and did see the said Hoani te Kiripakeke party to the within written Deed sign and execute the same on the twenty second day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy two.
3.Immediately before the execution of the said Deed by the said Hoani te Kiripakeke I did faithfully interpret the same into the Maori language to him and my translation was correct and was understood by the said Hoani te Kiripakeke.
4.The names E. Davis and W. J. Young set and subscribed as those of the attesting witnesses to the execution of the said Deed are of the propet handwriting of the said William Joseph Young and of me this declarant and the said William Joseph Young is a male adult and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled " The Justices of the Peace Act 1866."

E. Davis.

Declared at Auckland in the said Province
this twenty fifth day of March one
thousand eight hundred and seventy
two Before me

Henry Gilfillan,

A Justice of the Peace of the Colony of New Zealand. page 445 I Daniel Pollen the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act 1870" for the District of Auckland do hereby certify that I have with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed made the enquiries directed by the said Act and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries. Dated this 6th day of May 1872.

Daniel Pollen,,
Trust Commr.

Auckland 28 March 1872. I hereby certify that the duty payable under the Native Lands Acts on the within conveyance
amounts to twelve pounds one shilling 72/89.

Geo. B. Davy,,
Regr. of Deeds.

Received the above named sum of twelve pounds one shilling.

Daniel Pollen,,
Sub-treasuror.

Auckland 30 March 1872.

2761d.

Registration. Received for Registration at 10 a.m. 16 May 1872. (l.s.)

M. Hamilton,,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deeds, Declarations; Certificate, and Registrations.

H. Hanson. Turton.

Wellington, October 25th, 1875.