Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Pukeatua Block, Waiau, Coromandel District

Pukeatua Block, Waiau, Coromandel District.

1874. 24 July.Coromandel District.Know all men by these presents that Thomas Russell of Auckland in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand, solicitor, being the person mentioned and described in the Deed of Conveyance hereunto annexed registered as No. 2761d in consideration of the sum of one hundred and twenty six pounds paid on behalf of Her Pukeatua. Receipt for £126. Majesty Queen Victoria to him, he the said Thomas Russell Doth hereby convey and assure unto Her Majesty Queen Victoria, All that parcel of land in the Province of Auckland [239a. 1r. 20p.] in the Colony of New Zealand called or known by the name of Pukeatua and described in the said Deed of conveyance hereunto annexed, and all and every the right title interest claim and demand whatsoever of him the said Thomas Russell of in to or in respect of the same, To hold the same to Her Majesty Queen Victoria Her heirs successors and assigns for ever. In Witness whereof the said Thomas Russell has hereunto subscribed his name this twenty fourth day of July 1874.

Thomas Russell,
by his Attorney Thomas Buddle.

Signed by the said Thomas Russell by his Attorney Thomas Buddle of Auckland aforesaid Solicitor by virtue of a Power of Attorney under the hand and seal of the said Thomas Russell bearing date the ninth day of July one thousand eight hundred and seventy four.

Fred. Whitaker,
Notary Public Auckland.

I Thomas Buddle of Auckland in the Province of Auckland in the Colony ofDeclaration of Thos. Buddle. New Zealand Solicitor do solemnly and sincerely declare that I have not received any notice or information of the revocation by death or otherwise of the Power of Attorney mentioned or referred to in the Deed on the other side written, And I make this solemn page 444declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New-Zealand intituled the " Powers of Attorney Act 1854."

Thomas Buddle.

Declared at Auckland aforesaid this twenty fourth day of July one thousand eight hundred and seventy four, Before me
Fredk Whitaker,
Notary Public.

4115d

Registration. Received for registration at 10A.M. 16Nov.1874.

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Regisirar.