Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

declaration of James Wathen Preece

declaration of James Wathen Preece

I James Wathen Preece of Auckland in the province of Auckland in New Zealand Declaration of J. W. Preece. a duly authorized Interpreter under the Native Lands Act, 1865, 1867, 1869 and 1870 Do solemnly and sincerely declare
1.That I was present on the Third day of September one thousand eight hundred and seventy two together with one James Mackay Junr. of Auckland aforesaid Land Agent a male adult and did see Henare Whakarongohau named and described in the within written Deed duly sign and execute the same.
2.That the signature Henare Whakarongohau thereto subscribed was made by the same Henare Whakarongohau.
3.That before the execution of the said deed by the said Henare Whakarongohau I did translate the same to him into the Maori language, and that my translation was correct and perfectly understood by the said Henare Whakarongobau. And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled the Native Lands Act 1865 The Native Lands Act 1867 The Native Lands Act 1869 The Native Lands Act 1870 and the Justices of the Peace Act 1866.

J. W. Preece.

Declared at Auckland this twelfth day of—
one thousand eight hundred and seventy two Before me

Jno. L. Tole,
A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

page 432

3984d.

Registration. Received for Registration at 2 p.m. 21 July, 1874.

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Declaration, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, December 22nd, 1874.