Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Deeds—No. 261. Titirangi Block, Manukau District

Deeds—No. 261. Titirangi Block, Manukau District.

This Deed written on the seventeenth day of November one thousand eight hundred 1848. 17 November.Manukau District. and forty-eight is an Agreement on my part the Chief of Ngatiwhatua with the Queen of England on her own behalf Whereby I Kawau the owner of the land described in Titirangi. this Deed agree as do also my tribe to sell this Land called Titirangi to Queen Victoria Conveyed to Government in payment of their debts to Mr. Porter. in consideration of payment having been made by the Governor to Mr. Porter for his claims upon us wherefore I now give and deliver over to Victoria Queen of England and to Her Successors after her for ever the before mentioned land with all thereto belonging, the boundaries are as follows, On the North there is the Wairau (creek) and Boundaries. the Wau On the East there is the land which was sold by Te Hira to the Governor and land belonging to Te Keene 1505 and 14855 links thence the boundary goes to Titirangi 3770 links thence the boundary where it turns going straight to Otitore 7645 links thence the Manukau On the South West there is the Ruatuna (creek) thence in a straight line to Onewherowhero 15440 links where it turns going straight to the Wairau 16685 links it is finished, the plan of the Land is drawn on the other side of this.

Witness my mark—

mark x of Kawau.

In the presence of—

(Sd.) Te Hira.
" James Baber.

A True Copy of Office Translation of Original Deed.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, February 9th, 1876.

Note.—Original Deed wanting.—H.H.T.