Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 213.]

Deeds—No. 213.

Te Tiki No. 1 Block (Te Keene's Claims), Tamaki, Auckland Disteict.

Tihema 21, 1847.
Kia mohio nga tangata katoa kua wakaae ahau kia tukua atu katoatia tenei wahi 1847. 21 December.Auokland District. wenua ko te Tiki te ingoa kia te Kuini o Ingarani (ara ki te Kawana o Nui tireni) mo Te Tiki No. I. kotahi tekau ma tahi nga pauna ko tahi tekau hereni, ko te rohe tenei—ko te rohe waka Boundaries. raro i tutuki ki te Moana ki te Marangai ko te wenua o te Reweti, kei te tonga kei te page 274taha o te hua rahi ki Tamaki kei te taha ki te hauauru he awa Kua riro mai ki an te Receipt for £11 . 10. utu mo tenei wenua Kuriro Tenei Wenua Kia te Kuini.

Na te Keene.

Nga Kai titiro—

Na te hira.

Witnesses to signature and payment

Henry Figg.
Reader Wood.

The concluding clause added by Te Keene.

Witness

J. Baber,

28th March, 1848.

Translation.

1847. 21 December.
1847. 21 December.Te Tiki No. I.Know all men that I hare agreed to give up entirely the piece of Land called the Tiki to the Queen of England (that is to the Governor of New Zealand) for the sum of Boundaries. eleven pounds ten shillings sterling The boundaries are these on the North the Sea, on the East the Land of Te Reweti, on the South a Road and on the West a Stream.
Receipt for £11 . 10. Received the money for this land which is given over to the Queen.

(Signed) Keene.

Witness—

te Hira.

A correct translation.

John Jermyn Symonds, Native Secretary.

January 13, 1848.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 4th September, 1874.