Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 211.]

Deeds—No. 211.

Remuera Block (Epiha Putini's Claims), Auckland District.

Akarana, Maehe 27th, 1844.
Wakarongo mai e nga tangata katoa ki tenei pukapuka a Epiha ma ara a nga tangata 1844. 27 March.Auckland District. katoa o Ngatitemaoho kua tukua e matou ki a te Kawana ta matou wahi whenua e Remuera. takato ana ki te Nota (hauraro) o te Ara para e ahu ana ki Tamaki, ko Remuera te ingoa; ka wakamahuetia ake tonu atu ki a te Kawana ko te utu tenei mo te wakamahuetanga Receipt for £50. e rima tekau Pauna moni. Na kua tuhituhia toku ingoa ki raro nei, i tenei rua tekau ma whitu o nga ra o Maehe i te tau o to tatou Ariki kotahi mano waru rau wha tekau ma wha.

Epiha Putinix.

Witnesses

Robt. EitzRoy, Governor.

Translation.

Auckland, March 27, 1844.
Listen all men, to this deed of Jabez and of all the men of the Ngatitemaoho Tribe— 1844. 27 March.Remuera. We have surrendered to the Governor our piece of Land situated on the North side of the road leading to Tamaki called Remuera—to be henceforth and for ever relinquished to the Governor and this is the payment for its surrender—Fifty pounds in money Receipt for £50. Therefore I have written my name beneath on this the 27th day of March in the Year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and forty four.

Signed Epiha Putini,
i.e.
Jabez Bunting.

True Translation.

Thomas S. Forsaith.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, September 7th 1874.