Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of George Kelly]

[Declaration of George Kelly]

Declaration of George Kelly.I Geoerge Kelly of Mongonui in the Province of Auckland in New Zealand a duly licensed Interpreter under The Native Lands Act 1865 and The Native Lands Act 1867 do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1. That I was present together with Reihana Kiriwi of Mongonui a male adult and did see Makarena te Waharoa and Rawiri Te Tahua mentioned and described in the above written Deed respectively sign and execute the same on the Twenty first day of November one thousand eight hundred and seventy two.
2. That the signatures thereto set were made by the said Makarena te Waharoa and Rawiri Te Tahua respectively.
3. That immediately before the execution of the said Deed by the said Makarena te Waharoa and Rawiri Te Tahua I did interpret the said deed to the said Makarena te page 91Waharoa and Rawiri Te Tahua in the Maori language and that my translation thereof was correct and was understood by the said Makarena te Waharoa and Rawiri Te Tahua And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled The Native Lands Act 1865 The Native Lands Act 1867 and The Justices of the Peace Act 1866.

Declared at Mongonui in the Province of Auckland this Fourth day of December one thousand eight hundred and seventy two Before me
W.B. White,
Crown Agent,
A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

Geo Kelly,
Licensed Interpreter.

I, Daniel Pollen, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds PreventionTrust Commissioner's Certificate. Act 1870" for the District of Auckland do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries. Dated this thirty first day of December 1872.

Daniel Pollen,
Trust Comr.

2426 f.

Received for Registration 11 a.m. 31 Decr. 1872.Endorsement.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.